Apparently, I do miss studying...or else, I just didn't get enough studying last year to feed my need. I have volunteered to take another test this year, this time it's the Series 27. I got my study book yesterday and (no lie) it is about 1/3 the size of the CPA exam study books. AND it's just one book, not a workbook and a study manual and flash cards and audio CDs and video CDs. PLUS, the study schedule is only three weeks as opposed to 50 or 80 days! Should be a piece of cake, since the exam is all multiple choice, no essay questions. YIPPEE! This just keeps sounding better and better...with the one exception that I will be working full-time (not part-time) while studying. :( I still miss getting off work between 3:30p and 4:00p...these days it's between 6:30p and 7:00p. (don't feel too sorry for me though, since I go in at 9:00a)
Anyway, the whole reason this comes up is that the person in our department that had the Series 27 licensing recently left the company. AND, there will be nobody in our department to take care of the Series 27 licensee duties...hence, me volunteering. I figured it helps with my job security, plus there's a raise involved. (huge positive, since I'll have a mortgage soon...) Plus, anything to show initiative can't hurt either! :)

3 comments:
That sounds like a *great* idea. Any time we can make ourselves indispensable, it's a no-brainer, especially where MONEY is involved! Yahoo for you!
Yes, raises are always a good thing. So, are you my Valentine Swap partner? Hmmmm
Post a Comment