Monday, October 29, 2007

Music Monday - CPA Candidate Style

I figured I would do Music Monday using my "study" iPod shuffle...I downloaded all my FAR study CDs to it. Yes, I have two iPods, but I couldn't commingle "fun" stuff with "serious" stuff or take up tons of space on my other iPod could I? :) I figured it was a good investment for my study CDs, since all 10 of them fit (with room leftover)...and then I didn't have to worry about changing CDs in the car while driving. Yeah...that's the story...and I'm sticking with it!

  1. What is a contingency loss?
  2. In reference to state and local governments, how is the fund accounting structured?
  3. What does the term capitalization mean?
  4. In accounting for marketable securities, what are the three classifications?
  5. What is a stock dividend?
  6. In recording a capitalized lease the lessee must recognize both an asset and a liability, for what amount is the asset recorded?
  7. On the date that one company purchases another, how are the revenues and expenses of the subsidiary consolidated?
  8. What is meant by the term "off balance-sheet" risk?
  9. What is a prior period adjustment?
  10. After a budget is passed by government officials, for some funds it is physically included in the accounting records through a budgetary entry. Why is the budget recorded in this manner?

I figured I wouldn't bore you with the answers...most of it probably wouldn't be interesting or useful anyway. ;) Unless you're studying for the FAR section of the CPA exam...

2 comments:

Melessa Gregg said...

Very creative! Thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...

You deserve as many iPods as you want for being willing to listen to this CD content as much as you do. I lack your will-power.