Okay, so here goes for the "secret" family recipe for bath salts... I blend one 4 pound bag of epsom salts, one 26 ounce package of sea salts, regular gel food coloring (if desired) and essential oil (if desired). Mix everything thoroughly. Use about 1/2 cup per bath.
If you need a smaller quantity, this roughly translates into 1 cup of epsom salts to 1/4-1/3 cup of sea salts.
The amount of color I use depends on how deep I want the color to be. The amount of scent I usually use is dependent on the oil I use, since some scents are much stronger than others. A rule of thumb is start out with less than you think you need and add more to achieve the strength of scent you want.
I usually package these in mason jars, but I have also used Wilton party bags tied with ribbon, tins, Chinese food takeout containers (with a Wilton bag inside tied with a twisty), or anything else I can think of that will look cute.

2 comments:
I loved the jar you gave me when I finished grad school! Thanks again!
I'm glad you posted the recipe - I was going to ask for it. Someday (in the very distant future, I'm afraid) I'm going to have some free time, and I'm going to make this!
Post a Comment