Well, I have not fallen off the edge of the earth! :) I have, however, taken the FAR portion of the CPA exam. It wasn't any different than I expected, but I wish my brain had been working a little better during the exam. I don't remember much of anything except it took me 3.5 hours to complete (allowed time is 4 hours) and that the girls at the front desk were really nice. It will take a few weeks to get the results, so I'll be anxiously awaiting the letter in the mail. I will be shocked if I did pass though...since I'm sure I screwed up something...wouldn't be much of a surprise there. The good thing is the next time I'll be a little more relaxed about the format, etc. I figured this was just a trial run to see what it was like, if I ended up with a passing grade then that just makes it even better!
Since it's Thanksgiving, I probably should make a list of things I'm thankful for...listed in no particular order:
* Health
* Family
* Job (that allows me to work part-time while I'm studying - and was great all the years that I was in school to be eligible to take the CPA exam!)
* Church (and especially the fact that I get to serve with the Activity Day girls; it's a blast and definitely the best calling I've ever had!)
* Friends (it seems like I have them all over the place! :D)
* The Atonement (and the understanding that no matter what I go through Jesus knows how I feel)
* Chocolate (yep, I'm cheesy, but I do love my chocolate!)
* My Kitties (especially Holly - she's my baby and greets me every morning with her "I'm so happy to see you" meow; Hermione only pays attention to me when she wants something - like food or to go outside)
* My Car (that is reliable and most importantly paid off!)
* Freedom (and the sacrifices of many who defend it - I may not agree with all of the politics going on, but I can appreciate/support those who make/have made my freedom possible)
p.s. For those who care my Sci-Fi crew is the Millennium Falcon (Star Wars). I'm glad it was at least something I have heard of...

1 comment:
I'm so jealous you're on the falcon! I also wish I could give you a high five for finishing the exam! Way to go!
Post a Comment