So...celebrated my birthday a couple weeks ago. Went to visit the fam in OK a quick trip (flew in Saturday before my bday and left the following Wednesday). Mostly visited family while I was up there, since I had to see the newest nephew TCB (who will be just nephew C, going forward). Nephew C is completely adorable, but is oh so fussy. Well, either that or he didn't really like his auntie arbee! Or, maybe a little of both? Anyway, auntie SoonerSis could get him to quiet down with no problemo, but she is somewhat of a baby whisperer anyway. The gift of baby whispering definitely skipped over me to the other 2 sisters. Me? I got the pre-teen whispering gift instead, probably the reason I loved (and miss terribly) Activity Days... :( Went to the "Great State Fair of OK" while I was visiting. It wasn't exactly as I remembered it, but I haven't been for a few years. I always enjoy looking at the vendor booths, but this year there wasn't anything particularly exciting. The last time I went, I got a really cool magnetic bracelet, a rubber stamp of my name (extremely hard to find anything personalized, so I was ecstatic) and I don't remember anything else. This year, I only bought pennies forged into the shape of cowboy hats (for me, TexSis and the nieces, and KayTee). Disappointing...but very cute! Oh well, the weather was perfect for walking around the fair that day. If we had waited to go until the following day, it would have been yucky and cold. Anyway, here are some pictures of the bday goodness... Flowers from my VTers...pretty, huh? DS Game I had to get - Thanks MoM and Dad! New watch from TexSis! Oh so pretty and different from any I already have... The Texas flag shower curtain from KayTee. Now, my guests will know exactly what state they are visiting... Awesome!!! (just need more accessories to finish this bathroom) p.s. The shower curtain hooks are stars! How cool is that?!
The last day of my vacation, we went to lunch with SoonerSis and then ended up at Penn Square Mall. There wasn't much time until I needed to be at the airport and it wasn't worth driving back home and then back, so we ended up there. Hoo-boy...stopped into Dillards and found not one, but two pairs of navy blue shoes on sale! I could only find a picture of one of them though. Aren't they cute?? Oh, I bought a couple books for KayTee while at the mall too for her helping keep my flowers watered while I was gone. Needless to say, my suitcase was full after the stop at the mall...full enough to be 49 pounds!!! Oops. I guess at least it was 49 and not 51... :)
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Happy (belated) Birthday...to Me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OH NO! I missed your birthday! For the last two weeks I've had a nagging feeling that I missed someone's birthday, and I finally determined that it was my sister-in-law (managed to remember my mom and sister). Now I see that it was you too! And I had the best intentions of remembering to send you something in the old-fashioned postal mail, too! I'm so ashamed. I'm glad you had a nice birthday with your family, and I LOVE those shoes! I would have gotten lots of use out of such shoes over the summer when I was acting like a grown-up in an office, but now that I'm back in school I can't figure out what to wear because most of my clothes are professional (or stupid looking), and grad students don't dress like office workers, do they? Not when they have to walk around campus in 100-degree heat. Blah.
Happy Belated Birthday-sounds like a fun trip to OK tho-the Tulsa state fair wraps up this weekend and I havent been once-not sure why either lol
we are so glad you are joining us for the SSS
Happy Happy Belated Birthday! Your comment about a Baby Whisperer made me laugh out loud. If only I had that talent!!
stoping back in to visit all the SSS participants-we are so glad you are joining us this yr!
Post a Comment