The particular vet I took her to kept her overnight for observation, which is fine with me. She didn't get her surgery until 5:p-ish, since they had a couple other surgeries that pushed them behind. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck all day long waiting to hear how the surgery went! Poor thing, not only had the spay, but also got a booster shot for FeIV (I think) and the microchip inserted... She has a scab on one of her sides from the microchip and then the various shaved parts from the spay. :( Anyway, when I dropped her off at the vet office in the morning, she gave me the butt before I left and wouldn't even look at me. When I picked her up the following morning, she gave me a little hiss hello. I guess she had to let me know how not happy she was to be there!
Once home, I fed the kitties some tuna and all was forgiven... Minny was making me neurotic with her incessant licking once we settled in at home. I kept thinking that she was going to pick at her stitches and I would have to return to the vet for an e-collar (aka. cone). :( As it turned out, she was just cleaning the vet smell off? She hasn't even picked at her stitches once (at least that I know of). I'm glad for that, since the cone isn't a sure thing - Hermione was a stitch-picker and managed to get her e-collar off more than once!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Poor Little Minny!
Poor little Minny got spayed on Friday last week...she looks so pathetic shaved and soooooooooo much skinnier! She is a very skinny and lanky kitten, but now she looks like skin and bones. I swear I feed her!!!
Minny is sure not happy having to stay inside though. She is used to going outside for fresh air in the mornings and evenings with me while I water plants... Sorry, not until the stitches get taken out (Monday). In the meantime, I have been taking her for walks in the stroller I bought. (sidenote: yes, I am one of those crazy people with a pet stroller! But I am glad to have it while I have a convalescent kitty, so she can still go outside.)
Also, poor thing gets crated up during the day while I am at work. I do come home during lunchtime to let her out for a lunch/potty break. I leave her out while I am home and at night, but I don't want her getting into anything while I am not at home. Especially, since she loves to wrestle with Holly...and I don't need any stitches getting torn out! Minny doesn't seem to realize she just had major surgery and still jumps up on the counters, on the cat tree, etc. The post-op instructions from the vet specifically say to limit such activities, but I am drawing the line at no outside and no freedom when I am not home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've never heard of pet strollers before, but I imagine I'll need one as my dogs continue to age. I've been wondering how I'd manage to convince either one to stay in a wagon on walks, but I'd hate to leave one at home during walks because it can't walk well enough to keep up with the other one.
Oh, poor baby!!! I always feel so bad when they come home and look all shorn and pathetic. Delilah's fur is only about half grown back, and hers was done about two months ago.
When we had our cat done, she was an indoor girl at the time, but now that she's allowed out, I can only imagine the constant meowing and insistent following she'd do. Yeesh.
Poor Minny. I hope she has forgiven you by now.
The cat stroller CRACKS ME UP!!!! I can totally picture you walking the cat around the neighborhood.
P.S. I finally posted about out swap. Better REALLY late then never right?
Post a Comment