Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekly (or is it monthly?) Update - 2/3/08

hmmmmmmmmmm - what have I been up to in the last month? First and foremost, studying...studying...and more studying! I'm getting to the burnout point and am starting to wonder if it is all worth it. I'm sure this is normal, since it happened about halfway through last time... :P The countdown has started...26 more days and counting down... I know Feb. 29 will be here before I know it and I don't feel one bit prepared! There is something sticking, since somehow I can answer the M/C questions from my study materials. However, in my head, I don't feel like I'm one bit prepared and that everything is just going in one ear and out the other.

I've still been beading up a storm, at least as much as I can. KayTee and I actually did some beading on MLK day and watched some movies... I don't know why I didn't pick up beading again long before this, since I LOVED to shop for beads nany, many years ago in Chicago. The one thing I didn't count on when I started beading again is the addiction to buying beads! The best place I have found to shop online is here. They have every kind of bead I can imagine and their prices are not too bad PLUS they offer free shipping! Can't beat that! The only bad part is I don't get to actually see in person what I'm ordering, but I guess that's what a local craft store is for... I need to take some pictures of my latest projects, but I've been lazy and can't figure out the best light to photograph my work.

The AD girls loved the beaded bookmarks! They had a blast and each made at least two bookmarks. A couple of the girls were going to use the bookmarks for hair ties, cute idea but not exactly what we were going for... A few of the other girls made pretty much solid beads strings for their bookmarks...I don't think they understood the concept, but they still had fun. I think that's what counts anyway, right? The other AD we had in January was a service project to clean the nursery toys, easy and not too time-consuming. We only have one hour, so time is of the essence with our activities. The cleaning went really quick for us though and we had all the toys cleaned and dried in about 30-35 min! They were quick and the toys were dirty! The vinegar water we were washing the toys in ended up a really nasty brownish-yellow color. Makes me cringe to think about it! :P

I ordered one of these last week. I thought it looked interesting to use and would be good for portion control. I know that I need to eat better and I'm hoping this will help out a bit. I know I need to take baby steps, so this is the first I guess. I also know I probably don't need to lose many pounds, but I could settle for some inches (especially in my lower half)! In my head, I know this means I really need to get to the gym, but for now eating better and the exercise I can fit in here and there will have to do. Once the CPA exam is finished...(theoretically) I will get back to the gym, but I wouldn't count on it!

No comments: